My camera is on the fritz, so grainy camera phone pictures are all we got this year. I took far fewer pictures this season as a result, but better that than nothing.
Christmas Eve at mom's. Small group this year - just Kelly's fam and mine.


These little fur coats are an inside joke with mom. Suffice it to say, tho, she loved them.

Christmas Eve jammies. Nice smile, Christian.

Love picking out my own jammies.

The kids all slept downstairs, and are only allowed up at 7am. Sleepover in the toy room.
They usually call us on a cellphone to beg if it's time to come up yet. This year, Mike and I called them at 6:50 and said to come on up. A whopping 10 minutes early.


Sportin' a new fluffy skirt. As if she needed one more.

Cute bag from my cute friend.

We had a pretty relaxed Christmas day, playing with toys, me not hounding the kids about eating something healthy. That evening, we joined most of the Mayfield family for a nice dinner and gift exchange. I was in bed by 8. Right now, I'm sitting in my front room, music playing on Pandora, laptop on my lap, ready to watch Arrested Development (best show ever). Great Christmas.
It was a little emotional this year, thinking back to Christmas last year when these were our visitors.

Makes me cry just looking at this one.
4 comments:
Wow, those last two pictures are so very tender. I'm glad he was there with you last Christmas--what a special thing. I love the picture of your kids waiting on the stairs, too. So cute. :)
Glad you could relax and enjoy the day a bit. Thinking of loved ones we are separated from is touching and can bring strong emotions, but realizing the "gift" of the season makes it all worth it and helps so much. Love you, Mom
Love the Christmas pics...especially the last two :)
Love your pictures of your dad... what great memories. I'm guessing Christmas will always bring those sweet emotions. I get a little teary every Christmas Eve (and I'm sure you'll say pretty much every day) and even after 15 1/2 years my dad left Christmas night party early and when I walked him out to his car he was teary and definitely still missing my mom.
Post a Comment