Christian is usually our go-to babysitter but lately Haley has been filling in occasionally if Christian's away. Last night, she was in charge while we went out for dinner. This morning, the younger girls had stories to tell about the fun they'd had ... they played games, Haley told them a funny bedtime story and she created 'Haley's Cafe' for dinner. Here was their menu:
We had some leftover carne asada in the fridge, but Haley didn't know how to spell that so she called it Mexican Steak instead. Cracks me up. Good thing they can play tic-tac-toe while they are ordering their food, too.
Love the dessert menu (I'm not going to correct her spelling on something this creative, even though a desert menu would be an interesting thing, I'm sure)... I'm trying to figure out how she'd serve chocolate pretzels, since we don't actually have any in the house. When I asked her about it, Haley explained that she melts chocolate chips in the microwave and dips the pretzels in it. I'm impressed by her level of commitment to the Haley Cafe. And as a babysitter. The girls were actually in bed asleep when we got home! I may not let her go babysit other people's kids since I'm excited to have such a good sitter at home for us.
3 comments:
WOWWWWWWWW!!!! She is AWESOME!! Good for her. I think she & Belinda would get along really well. I love the menu!!! And how cool you can leave somebody like her in charge--THAT feels good! :)
While perusing the menu, I was thinking, hey she even has the little kiddie activities (tic-tac-toe) on the menu like they do at Red Robin and family places like that! So professional!
Lots of luck on keeping her as a babysitter. When word gets out of her abilities, she will go to the highest bidder. Love, Mom
Post a Comment