You take him to the church parking lot and let him have his first experience driving....
Cracks me up how serious he was at first. He kept saying, "K, this is freaking me out." But then he started to enjoy himself.
He was cautious enough not to freak me out, which was good. I remember my neighbor, Karen, letting me drive her Audi in our church parking lot at about Christian's age and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Christian agreed -- his words were, "That was really scary but awesome."
Only 3 more years until he drives for real. Talk about scary.
4 comments:
You are the coolest mom!! What a fun idea! I need to do that with Preston--he'll be 14 in June. Christian looks so happy in that last picture! :) (You're right--3 years until REAL driving IS scary!! I only have 2 1/2 here at my house. EEEEK!)
You are one COOL mom!
misty that is so cool that you did that! he is adorable.
Holy smokes... that freaks me out and I was 3 blocks away!
I will leave the first driving experience for Lauren with Grandpa at the cabin. I figure his car is pretty old anyway and there aren't a lot of fire hydrants or cars to hit.
Post a Comment