We have my 1 1/2 yr old niece, Kate, here this week while her family is on a cruise. My kids are thrilled. Thrilled. There's been lots of competition for her attention, who gets to hold her, who gets to play with her .... The poor child isn't sure about all of the attention, but she seems to be having fun and has even started calling me "Mom."
One of the first things we did was dress Kate up in Utah gear, taught her to say, "Go Utes!" and took pictures for her mom & dad. Her entire family (and most of her extended family - us being the exception) are major BYU fans. Her dad was Student Body President at the Y and will hardly even wear the color red. So I'm sure this picture gave him a heart attack.
We've taken her to a McDonald's playland ....
... spent lots of time in the car driving cousins around...
... painted her nails for the first time ever -- hope her mommy doesn't mind :) ........ taken baths ....
... and have just been hangin' out together.
See how religious she is?? So impressive.
Thank heavens for Elle -- she's been such a huge help during the day. I've definitely forgotten how much work a 1 yr old can be. Our trip to Walmart for groceries was cut as short as possible because of little fingers grabbing things and an insufficient seatbelt on the cart to keep her contained. Even though she looked cute while doing it....Ahh well .... we'll finish the grocery shopping next week. :)
7 comments:
1. you've corrupted her with the utah thing...what are we going to do
2. I miss that baby
Kate is adorable! She is lucky to have such a fun Aunt and cousins! Sounds like so much fun!
How sweet!! (Except for the Utah picture.) ;) She is so darling, and I can tell how much FUN you all are having with her!! Lucky her! Lucky you! :)
I smell #5 coming...
You better have your olfactory sense checked, Steph.
It's me Erin on my cruise. OH MY GOSH!!! I love you for this!! I check my email for about a minute here and there and see these pictures and I know she is in such good hands with you and with Darcy. How lucky is she? And by the way, pretty cute too! You didn't mention that you've had to take her to Instacare 2 times!! Yikes. Sorry. LOVE YOU. I just did a hip hop abs workout with Shaun T in person. It was SO DANG FUN!! again, LOVE YOU. Kiss her for me. I will pay you back for this I promise. Erin
Now that is a sign of a "true" mom -one that actually takes pictures of the fun moments. I love them all - except of course - the UTAH one!
Post a Comment