Thursday, April 14, 2011

Conversation

It was just me and my 4 kids. For some reason, we all just happened to be piled in one room together. A couple of them were snuggling up with me, our legs all tangled. I'm pretty sure Paige was dancing around the room, because that's usually what she's doing. I looked at my kids and had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude and awe. What great kids! What cool little people. So different and yet so similar. I was just overcome with a feeling of gratitude that I am blessed to be their mom. So I said:

"I made you guys!  How cool is that?"

"Gross, mom."

"No, seriously! I'm just amazed that I made you. You cool people are part me and part dad. I made you!"

Christian: "No, mom. Heavenly Father made us. Your body is just a workshop."

Awesome.

A few minutes later, as an annoyed Haley watched Paige flit around the room, she flipped her head dismissively toward Paige and said, "Hey, mom -- you made that."

Not so awesome, but still pretty darn funny.

3 comments:

Annemarie said...

HILARIOUS!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

:) Cute conversation, even the funny part at the end.

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing your tender feelings for your children. I remember a similar time when Mike and Melody were about 2 and 3 years old. I peeked in on them asleep for their naps and had the most awesome feeling that we were best friends in our pre earth life. Gratitude is the correct word for these feeling. I love your kids, too. Love, Mom