Friday, April 22, 2011

He said / She heard

I like these shoes. Just picked them up the other day at a cool little store here in town. Every time I glance down at my feet, I get a little smile on my face -- they're comfy and they're just a little different than your average tennis shoe. Mike noticed them for the first time tonight, and his reaction was to say, "What's up with your shoes?" When I pointed out how rude that was, he disagreed and has been trying to convince me that he was simply asking when I got them.

Come on, ladies .... what would you have thought????

8 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

I love them! Sanuk's are some of my favorites! It's all Ryan will even wear most of the time.

I would not have assumed he was asking when I got them, that's for sure :) I would have thought the same as you...

Oh seriously. I love them!

Anonymous said...

And while you are at it, ladies, would you please comment on whether, under the unforementioned circumstances, you would throw your husband under the bus on your public blog (35K hits over three years). Please factor into your comment that said husband is really a heck of nice guy generally. kthanxbai.

Misty said...

Oh, honey, they all know I adore you. I gush about you often. :)

Anonymous said...

And for the record, if you go to the online urban dictionary and type in "what's up with your shoes", and hit the "translate" button, then the top tranlation you will receive back is "those-are-lovely-shoes-I-bet-they-are-comfy-and-you-got-them-at-a-cool-store." www.myhusbandisathoughtlessyahoo.com

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Mike's comments are hysterical!!!!!! I can totally see how this would happen. The translate button is the key here!!

I can't really envision if I would side more with the "he said" or the "she heard" (as originally questioned on the post) because I'm just trying to envision my husband noticing my shoes.

Misty said...

Someone's killing themselves, Mayfield.

alison said...

If a girl said "what's with the shoes?" it would mean "why are you wearing a goofy pair of shoes?" If a girl likes your shoes she would say "I love the shoes!!!!!" Now if Andy saw my shoes and said "what's with the shoes?" It would mean either " When did you get those?" or "why are you wearing a goofy pair of shoes?" Mike, you're pretty much in the dog house. BTW Misty, love the shoes!! Where did you get them?

Kelly said...

Oh you two make me laugh! Mike, I know your intentions were completely pure and innocent. *wink wink*