This summer has been a little weird. Weird to have our house up for sale and have to keep it clean all of the time. I'm a fairly neat person but not near what this past month has done to me. We've had the house listed for 3 weeks and have shown it 15 times, so our typical schedule goes something like this ...
- receive a text from our realtor sometime in the morning, letting us know about a scheduled showing that day
- get chores, lessons, summer band, whatever done for the day
- clean and clean and clean some more
- take a large laundry basket, fill it with things from bathroom counters (hairbows, kleenex, handsoap, toothbrushes, etc.)
- throw any extra laundry (or even dirty dishes sometimes) into another basket
- put all of it into my car
- turn on every single light in the entire house so it looks bright and cheery for anyone walking through
- send the kids outside and do a final walk through, wiping down counters or whatever just to be sure
- take off and go play until the showing is over
That has happened almost daily this past 3 weeks. Yes, we've played a lot .... Lagoon, Cherry Hill, Cabella's, swimming, movies .... but it's still a weird way to spend a summer. The laundry, ironing, dishes can't pile up at all so I spend my evenings doing those. I haven't read a book since before trek, and for me that's saying something.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm grateful we've had good traffic through the house--maybe we'll sell this place soon. And then our new house will likely be a dirty mess for awhile, cause believe me -- I'll be done with cleaning.
3 comments:
putting it in your car! that is so awesome. well it sounds awesome but actually living it would be hell.
hope you guys find a buyer soon. i wish i could buy it really.
I DO love the idea of gathering everything in a laundry basket and taking it with you. I will remember that if I'm ever in your spot. When we moved across the country 2 years ago, we left our WA house clean and lived in a furnished apartment in NY because I am too freakish about the cleaning, and I am a ball of STRESS. You, however, are AWESOME!! Good luck on the sell, too.
What about popping that loaf of bread in the oven too before you take off? You know, the smell of baking bread helps sell the house? You could just add that to your list, right?
Post a Comment