Grandma & Grandpa Mayfield finally returned from their mission in Zimbabwe. It was a massive greeting at the airport...
The Big 2 was a reference to Africa's Big 5 -- elephant, rhino, leopard, lion and tiger.
Great Grandma White was definitely happy to see her daughter back safely.
Paige wore this blue skirt to remind Grandma & Grandpa of Victoria Falls, which they were lucky enough to visit.
So Elle followed suit and wore an African- inspired print, too.
And here they came ....
I absolutely love the sheer joy on mom's face!
What a great moment. We've spent the last week having cousin sleep-overs, a massive campout at Grandma & Grandpa's, listening to them give their report in church, a swimming party and spending lots of good quality time with that side of the family. It's definitely good for everyone to have them home.
7 comments:
Misty, I've been stalking your blog for awhile now (ever since Mike posted the reverse mohawk post you did on Facebook, which I loved!). I'm a friend of Mike's from our single days. I just had to tell you that you have such a beautiful family and I love reading your blog. You are always so funny!!
I just had to tell you that this post totally made me cry!! Seeing those pictures of Mike's parents greeting your family at the airport were so touching. What an amazing example they are of selfless service. And seeing the joy in their faces as they see their family again is such a beautiful thing!! Thank you for sharing it.
Thank you! I'm happy to meet a fellow stalker, since I stalk many myself. :)
That picture of Judy's ecstatic face is priceless. I would have loved to been a fly on the wall at the airport. They are special people for sure.
Love the smiles on everyone's faces. This is what life is all about!!!
These are great photos! So much better than mine! Thanks for posting them.
Oh my land! I honestly almost was crying looking at these great pictures! I'm glad Mike's parents are home safe and sound!I hope you guys are doing well with all of your transitioning.
Oh my goodness, what a beautiful, beautiful day!! I absolutely love all these pictures--almost had me tearing up myself. What a wonderful moment. How proud you must be of them. What wonderful examples. (I love the African clothes and poster, too. So cute.)
Post a Comment