Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My 1st day of school

I mean, my day on my kids' 1st day of school.   My 1st day of a new school year means much quieter days and more Elle time.  She's already making plans for us.

Christian escaped out the door without getting his picture taken.  Jr. high schoolers are apparently too cool for that kind of stuff.  But my girlies obliged me...
5th grade and 2nd grade respectively. Not the 1st day of preschool yet for Elle but she didn't want to be left out. Of course.
Here's Paige & Cameron up at school, waiting to go into their new class together.  So glad that boys & girls still play together at this age.
After the school festivities were over, I hosted my girlfriends for my annual back-to-school breakfast.  The party lasted until 10 minutes before school let out and we all had to rush out the door for carpool.  It's one of my favorite mornings.  And next year, I'll have more room for everyone.  Can't wait. :)

When the kids got home, I read through and signed 40 gazillion papers from them all - as always.  And then to continue the fun, we had a bbq on the front lawn to say goodbye to summer.
The hit of the bbq this time was Steenblik's cotton candy machine. The kids were all bouncing around from a serious sugar-high.
Dumbledore and his wand.
A bearded unicorn.
Farewell, summer. Darnit.

2 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

I know. That's how I feel: "Farewell summer. Darnit."

I LOVE reading about your back to school parties every year. Love it. So much fun!!!!

I know what you mean about "too cool" for pictures. I take my kids' pictures on the first day of school AT the school, and when Preston went to middle school, he refused, so I talked him into doing it AFTER school. Last year, 8th grade, was absolutely the last straw. He was pretty annoyed. He starts high school in 2 weeks, and I'm admitting defeat. ;) (But he might think pausing on his way out the door is a "treat" compared to me going over to the school with him.)

Lauren said...

I love the get-togethers you always host. I wish I was there to enjoy all this fun-ness with you.