Tuesday, August 30, 2011

True'isms

I'm not a fan of overscheduling myself.  Definitely not one of those people who is happiest when she's going a thousand miles a minute.  I'm usually reminded of this, though, when I'm feeling very overscheduled.  As in, currently.  Makes me want to crawl in bed and watch a movie.

7th grade teachers aren't as hard-core as I feared.  I'm even receiving several e-mails a week from a few teachers giving updates on what they're covering in class and what is due when.  Hallelujah.

Buying an alarm clock for said 7th grader was a great decision.  He's up on his own and in the shower without any interference from me.  I'm usually awake anyway but it's still a good thing.

I've never known as much about kitchen appliances as I do right now.  I never walked into anyone's kitchen and thought, "Love that duel fuel range & oven combo!  Check out that 48" cooktop.  And the french door refrigerator with auto-shelves and dual evaporators is fabulous!"  It's a little bit ridiculous.  We're making more educated purchases now, though, that's for sure.

Packing up a house is slightly overwhelming.  Just sitting here thinking about packing up a house is overwhelming.  Bed. Movie.

I'm a huge fan of having a preschooler at home.  And she's a big fan of having me all to herself.

3 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

This is the main reasons I hate the start of school--I feel overscheduled. I like your idea of crawling in bed and watching a movie. I need to remember this in January when I start feeling like, "Wow, SIX more months of this?!"

I'm glad 7th grade isn't so bad. That is awesome.

Packing is probably the most overwhelming thing I ever do/have done. I HATE it. Oh, do I hate moving. I wish I were close enough to come over and help for an afternoon. :)

Nancy Nina said...

Just thinking about new kitchen appliances makes me giddy! I AM the girl that walks into someone's kitchen and says, "sweet duel fuel range/oven combo!" But that's me.

You know if you weren't in the middle of moving, 7th grade would be much more challenging. I think you are being watched out for...

Let me know when you need my hubby's strong triceps and his super big trailer...and I have no upper body strength like he does but I can make some mean moving treats!

Hang in there!

Stephanie said...

Hang in there Misty! I know how it is to face the daunting task of moving...Don't worry it will be over eventually. Good luck!