.... you just finish remodeling a house and then your water heater decides to give up the ghost, dumping 40 gallons of water all down the newly remodeled hallway, causing the new baseboards to bubble and the carpet to receive a bigger bath than any carpet ever should? Don't you just love that?????
I do love it when good friends come to the rescue and bring shop vacs and fans and rescue the carpet and pad from having to be replaced. I love it when industrial-strength fans do a fantastic job and that the bubbling of the baseboards is shallow enough that they don't need to be replaced but just sanded and touched up. All things considered, we were lucky there wasn't more damage.
2 comments:
I'm sorry Misty! I can't count how many times our old bountiful house basement was flooded :( Not fun!
Oh, honey! WOW. So sorry, but I, too, am so glad that it wasn't worse!! How scary and frustrating. Sometimes I wonder what we were THINKING when we decided water should go IN a house. I'm not saying I want an outhouse or want to wash my clothes in a stream or anything, but I'm just sayin'... water and houses??? Sometimes not a good combo.
Post a Comment