Our church schedule just switched to the afternoon, which is the dreaded time for all parents of toddlers ... smack in the middle of naptime. No amount of books, toys or treats will keep a 2 year old happy when they are already 2 hours past their nap. Elle does just fine for the first couple of hours of church but by Sacrament meeting, she's on the verge of meltdown. So we've resorted to having one of us take her home during that last hour to put her down. Of course, there's always a bit of a disagreement as to who should be the one to take her home. Discussions usually go something like this:
"I know you really want to hear so-and-so speak, so I'll take her home."
"Wow, that's so thoughtful of you, but that's o.k. I'll let you stay since I know you really need that extra spiritual boost."
"No really, I'll let you stay."
In the end, Mike and I handle this in the most mature, grown-up way possible ... we "rock off." We play rock-paper-scissors to determine the winner (I'll let you all decide what the winner gets to do). :)
Give Elle a few more months and her nap schedule will adjust so we'll all end up staying the full 3 hours. In the meantime, though, Mike and I will continue to rock off. May the best man/woman win.
3 comments:
I really wouldn't call staying in church with three other children a "spiritual boost."
So, who usually wins? Dave and I will definitely have to keep this in mind!
We also have 1:00 church this year, and for the first time in a long time I DO NOT HAVE A NAPPER to contend with. So you think life would be pretty sweet for me. But this year... I'm teaching Sunbeams. Tired, wired Sunbeams. sigh
Post a Comment