Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I wish ....

Haley was busy at work making something yesterday. She explained to me later that it was her Jar of Dreams. On each little paper, she had written a wish that she had for her life. Reading them made me smile because they give such an interesting insight into Haley's personality and psyche.Here are some of my favorites:

* go to Disney World
* have a lot of sunny summer days
* be in the Olympics
* to live 1,000,000 years but still look young
* to rule the earth
* be famous
* have a mansion
* have a pool
* have a pet monkey
* be a princess or a queen
* have a pet fairy
* to move things with my mind
* have my own room
* to control nature
* win the lottery
* own a car dealership
* to be an only child
* to time travel
* be a pilot
* that everything was free
* to own a diamond and an amethyst
* to go to Washington D.C.
* to eat at La Caille
* have an iPhone
* go to Cherry Hill
* live in Hawaii
* that I could read minds
* own Raging Waters
* have a dog
* be a star student in Spectrum
* be a rock star
* go to the UofU
* have a million dollars
* have my own island

Haley has such a competitive, over-achieving personality which makes for some fun times at our house, especially when it comes to her sibling relationships. But it also drives her to work hard at whatever she does and I'm sure will serve her well in life. I'll have to keep track how many of these wishes she makes come true. I'm hoping she'll own that island someday because I'd be visiting her often.

5 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

That is SO CUTE!!! What a cutie! Those are so funny... "Be an only child" LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I love that girl! I can help her out with some of those things...but ruling the earth, controlling nature and reading minds is going to have to be up to her.

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Those are so cute! :) Yeah, definitely stay on her heels because if/when she gets to do some of those things, you'll be glad you're there! :) I love the list--several of those would be on my list, too.

Rachel said...

I absolutely LOVE that she did that - how theraputic for her to explore her wishes and to find a way to express them. I love it.

Mamalar said...

Dear haley,
I like amethysts and diamonds. I want a pool, and a million dollars. I want to live in hawaii. want to go to disneyworld, eat at lacaille, and go to Washington.
I think we should be friends!
love always,
laurie leishman