Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back 2 School '09

First day of school for 3 of my 4 kids. Cracked me up to see the girls being such girls the night before by laying out their clothes for the next day. I'm positive Christian didn't give his outfit near that amount of fore-thought. Before Mike or I even woke up that morning, Paige came into our room fully dressed, hair done, backpack on her shoulders. That's my girl. :)

Here's the crew ....Christian -- heading to 5th grade, cool as always (at least in his own head), slightly cocky. He informed me when he got home that since there are two Christians in his class that he'll be going by Chris this year. I seriously want to e-mail his teacher and say, "He's not a Chris, he's Christian. Over my dead body!!" (Where, oh where, do my girls get their dramatic streak?)Haley -- high-achieving, anxious to please, eager to meet new friends at her new school. After her first day she said she loved the class and her teacher but is missing her old school and her old friends. Hang in there, baby...Paige -- kindergartener FINALLY!! She's been waiting f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Just ask her. Her little friend Kamille ran up to her in the hall, threw her arms around Paige and said to me, "I just love her!" Paige will be just fine.Elle -- Thank you, my sweetheart, for not going to school yet. I'm not ready to give you up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT??? Chris?? Are you kidding me??

We spent nine months neogiating over his name, legalized it on his birth certificate which was signed and notarized under the seal of the great state of Utah, memorialized it during a religious ceremony held before before approximately 500 witnesses, and then spent nearly 11 years establishing a course of conduct of calling him Christian.

After all that, in one morning, a school teacher unilaterally decides he shall henceforth be know as "Chris."

AAAUUGGGHGGGHHHH!

Erin Blake said...

Oh hey guys- Tell Chris what a good job he did watching Rudy for me, ok? I hope Chris likes 5th grade. I want Elle.

Ann said...

I think you should go give that teacher a piece of your mind! You're in charge. Go Mike and Misty! Your kids are so cute. I love reading about them.

Rachel said...

Excuse me. I know of no "Chris's" at your house. I will pretend I did not read that.

Kelly said...

It's easy. He goes by Christiano.

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Love the pictures and the descriptions of the first days of school!!! (And Mike's comment on "Chris.")