Thursday, August 6, 2009

'isms

Christian'isms:
* The kids were arguing about who was the most special to mom. Christian finally said, “I’m the most special because she got all of her mothering experience from me.”
* Christian was joking with me about the Easter Bunny. He said, “Hmmm, wonder what the Easter Bunny will bring me in my basket tomorrow ….” I said, “Well, probably something small because the Easter Bunny used all of his money to send your mom and dad to Hawaii last month.” He retorted, “The Easter Bunny should have thought of the children before he spent all of that money!”
* Son, pretty soon you’ll be into girls. “Oh, I’m already into those.”

Haley'isms:
* After some disappointing news, I asked the girls what they wanted for breakfast. Paige said, “I’ll have cereal.” Haley said, “I’ll have crushed hopes & dreams.”
* “Mom, I’m nervous and excited at the same time – so it’s like all of the butterflies in my stomach are smiling.”

Paige'isms:
* After sitting in the car for awhile, I asked, “Well, should we go inside?” Paige said sarcastically, “No. We should stay in the car and perish!”
* Paige asked about a friend’s grandparents. I explained that they lived in Bountiful but that we hadn’t ever met them. She said, “But we’re supposed to know everyone in Bountiful. We’re Mayfields. That’s what we do.”
* Paige was being a bit of a handful one afternoon – being sassy and defiant. Finally, I said, “Paige you are trying my patience.” She defiantly replied, “I am TRYING to be FABULOUS!”

Elle'isms:
* While learning to potty train, she sat on the toilet trying her hardest to be 'successful.' After a few minutes she sighed and said, "This is a hard game."
* Out of the blue one day, she turned to mommy and said, "You're wonderful."

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for sending me to bed with a smile on my face.

Kelly said...

Your kids have an unusually high frequency of saying the darndest things!

Anonymous said...

Gems fall from their lips! What smart and very funny kids. Wonder where they got that......

alison said...

self esteem is in abundance at your house. Though I loved all of them the potty training was my favorite.

Nancy Nina said...

Love it!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Oh, I love those!! It's hard to pick a favorite, but it's either the "crushed hopes & dreams" (hysterical!) or "I'm TRYING to be FABULOUS!" Aren't we all?!?! What great kids.

Judy said...

I wish I had written down more things my kids said. Isn't this technology great? Keep them coming, I love them.