Wednesday, August 26, 2009

While the kids are away ...

... the mommies will play. This was my 3rd annual back-to-school breakfast for my mom friends. We dropped the kids off at school and came back to my house to cry or high-five each other. And ate yummy food. I have great friends and neighbors and this is a tradition I plan to continue for many years to come.

8 comments:

alison said...

I finally get a spot on your blog and you put in a picture of my butt. Thanks....

Misty said...

I know, Alison -- I'm sorry! I almost didn't put it in but then I thought it was at least documenting that you were here. At least it's a skinny butt, so you can be proud. :)

Rob & Megg said...

So sorry we missed out...next year for sure. Looks like a fun group though!

Amy and Brad said...

I followed your lead and hosted a Back-To-School breakfast yesterday (our first day of school) It was a good time!

Amy and Brad said...

PS
Your post title made me smile 'cuz when Brad got home from lunch and saw our "breakfast" get-together still going strong he said, "While the kids are away, the Mom's will play!"

Nancy Nina said...

Now let's have a back-to-school lunch, a back-to-school dinner and back-to-school dessert time! Thanks Misty!

cindy said...

What a cute group of friends. That's such a great idea. I'll have to start something like that around here.
I love the kids back to school pictures too.

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

WHAT AN AWESOME TRADITION!!! Why don't I live by you?!?!?!?