Sunday, March 28, 2010

Drama -- literally

Christian and Paige were in their school play last week, which actually consisted of 3 short plays. Drama runs pretty strong in our family and the kids didn't disappoint.

Christian was the swamp devil in one play. He loved playing the bad guy and, according to Paige, brought the house down during the performance for the kids at school.Paige played a chicken in one play. It was overly obvious that she adores being on stage. She strutted her stuff as a chicken and kept pecking at the other actors, even while they gave their lines. Not sure that was in the script but she was having a great time.She was also a townsperson in the last play and sang her little heart out. My mom leaned over and said, "Someone is stealing the show up there..."Many thanks to great parents who pull these productions off with no funding but a dedication to the arts and these kids.

4 comments:

thederricks said...

Fun! Cute actors!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

I think if I could pick anything, I'd pick a swamp devil. (What's a swamp devil?) I'm so excited about them having so much fun (and bringing down the house)! :) Looks SO fun! Isn't it fun to watch them doing something they love and are so good at?!? Awesome!

Judy said...

Now that makes me miss home. How wonderful for them and you. Love, Grandma in Africa

Mom and Kenz said...

Go Paige and Christian. They really were both great!!!