Friday, August 20, 2010

Camping, Misty-style

I'm laying in a tent, camping with our kids, blogging on my phone. How cool is technology? I was born at this time for a reason. The Lord knew I couldn't survive without some modern conveniences.

And about camping, we're only in the backyard of our Mayfield extended family. We have 4 tents scattered on the lawn, made dinner in a beautiful, modern kitchen, watched a movie on a projection screen on the lawn, made s'mores over their firepit and then watched cousins play musical tents as they all tried to find a way to sleep together. I love that I don't even know where my oldest 2 kids wound up. They're happy, wherever they are. And I still have access to a bathroom and an internet connection, which makes me happy.

In the morning, cousins will wake up at the crack of dawn and jump on their other sleeping cousins. And I'll help make pumpkin pancakes and caramel syrup. Couldn't be a more perfect campout for me.

4 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

I love hearing about camping Misty-style because the only difference for me would be that I'd leave the kids in the tent about 10:00 and go inside to a BED. :)

Kimi said...

That does sound like a pretty sweet way to camp. If you MUST camp.

I like jww's twist, though.

Becky said...

Sounds sooo fun. I usually camp at the Marriott :\

Love your blog!

Amy and Brad said...

You forgot to mention, "Answered an emergency call from an out-of-state friend who had just seen Inception."