Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Notes to the Universe

Dear worker lady at the nail salon: I know your 3 yr old is tiny compared to my 90th percentile daughter, but repeatedly saying, "She a big girl! Wow - she a big girl!" was just the tiniest bit annoying.

Dear Pizza Factory: While I'm sure it made financial sense for you to open a store here in my town, having your heaven-on-a-stick breadsticks so close to me might not be such a good thing.

Dear Bert & Ernie: What's the deal with you two? Are you brothers? Orphans? Roommates? Am I the only one who wonders about your relationship?

Dear Target: Thank you for carrying my favorite silver sandals last spring. I've worn them almost everyday this whole summer.

Dear Chris Nolan: You pretty much made my whole summer with Inception. I'm kind of obsessed with it. (Me obsessed with movies? No way.)

Dear bikini lady at the pool: I know you're proud of your body (and rightfully so) but I'm sad for you, too. All of those Paradise cookies you've never had the pleasure of eating, the juicy chicken-artichoke paninis that you've never snarfed down, the creamy Tres Leches dessert that you've never allowed to melt in your mouth ... Poor you.

10 comments:

Laur said...

Ha. Awesome!

Judy said...

Amen! I especially liked the last one. Maybe it's because I was enjoying some real Lay's Chips, a taste of home, while reading your blog. Love, Mom in Africa

Nancy Nina said...

My favorite post so far! Loved it! Just please do not become one of those pretentious Inception fans that think because they "got it" are so much smarter than everyone else.

katie thompson said...

you are so awesome. we laughed about paige all afternoon. youre kids are so adorable.

alison said...

You know you can just say Dear Alison for the last one. I don't care if your friends know the sacrifices I've made for my bikini bod.

Kimi said...

Bert and Ernie's 'relationship' has long been speculated about. You're hardly alone in that.

Yessss, the chicken-artichoke paninis...poor, poor girl.

Also? Some of these comments are at least as funny as your post.

Which was awesome, btw.

Just Us said...

You crack me up. Bert and Ernie. I question that one too. Although I have never met a "couple" who enjoy rubber duckies and pigeons. Orphaned brothers, that's it.

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

I LOVE your notes!! Too hilarious. As a mom of three kids who were all 90th percentile, I am totally with you on the nail salon lady. (My favorite was, "Wow, her feet are BIG!!" Nice.) I, too, wonder about Bert and Ernie. I thought they were friend-roommates. Like a kid version of The Odd Couple. And thank you for saying that about the bikini lady. I have this fight within myself all the time: to diet or not to diet? Do I want to be bikini lady, or do I want to eat butter-drenched popcorn with my husband, and Cold Stone with my daughter? (Chicken artichoke paninis rock!)

Stephanie said...

You are so funny! I love it!

Mom and Kenz said...

LOL... from Kenz and Steph