Saturday, August 14, 2010

Morning summer ritual

When we moved directly behind a high school, I wasn't so sure that it would be a good thing. I could picture high school kids hucking beer cans over our fence or something, those hoodlums. But we actually love having the high school in our backyard. We watch the games from our deck, jump the fence to go run at the track (ok, not really -- we actually walk around to the proper entrance) and have found a few homerun baseballs in our yard. But the kids' favorite part is watching the football team train all summer long.

I have pictures of each of my kids, at about this same age, standing on the balcony watching the "football guys." They yell encouraging things ("Go Braves!") and sometimes get a thumbs-up back from the players.

On this morning, I walked in as Elle was yelling: "Hey football boys! Football boys! Answer me! O.K be safe and go do your job."
Makes me laugh that the coaches yell, "Big guys!" at the linemen. And I never even knew what "two-a-days" were before we lived here (sorry, honey). I've learned a lot about football, just from watching it off my deck.

3 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

That's really cool!! (And free entertainment, even! Love it!)

Crissy said...

I don't get time to read your blog very often but when I do I am reminded of what an amazing mother you are and what a sweet and wonderful person you are! I just love you and hope your kids know how awesome their mom is. XOXO

Erin Blake said...

Ok Look at that last picture of Elle. I mean, REALLY.