A few years ago, I saw a movie that was pretty lame. Can't even remember what it was. But I do remember that the music from the movie was great. One band that I discovered during that movie is (are?) The Weepies. I love their folksy/indie vibe and great harmonies. Even better is that it's a husband/wife team. How cool to go on tour with the love of your life?
So when my friend, Rachel, told me they were coming in concert, we bought tickets immediately.

The State Room is such a cool venue. It's intimate, only 300 people, and has great sound. Same place where Erin & I saw Fountains of Wayne and Aimee Mann last year.
Totally great night. If you aren't familiar with The Weepies, go check them out.
3 comments:
I have a friend who loves The Weepies, so I've heard a little of their stuff, and, yeah, they are good. Cool you got to go to a concert, especially at the State Room!
I'm guessing that they won't be coming again for a while, but there's always hoping, right? Thanks again for going with me! I made a play list of their show and I keep playing it over and over. I'm a little obsessed. (Shocker.)
Um, Erin puts links on her blog for easy access to new music for her readers.
Just sayin'.
And no need to write back, "Um, Erin posts on her blog more than once a quarter."
I get it. Never mind.
Post a Comment