Today is my Mikey's birthday. Remember his amazing 40th party last year? Ummm, not so much this year. We did celebrate, just in a different way. I sent him 41 e-mails throughout the day (thanks for the idea, Steph), telling him why we love him. Here's part of our list:
• You're a great gift giver
• You're an awesome provider
• You make me laugh everyday
• You truly enjoy being a family guy
• He loves me, too (Elle)
• You make us all Ute fans
• You take me on cool trips
• You know everyone wherever we go
• You always know what to say
• You've dated all of my best friends
• You have a bromance
• "Because bald is awesome." (Haley)
• He gets to say "I object!" at work (Haley)
• He gives you hugs when you're feeling bad (Christian)
• He takes me on daddy/daughter dates (Paige)
• He gives us daddy surprises (Paige)
• You nick-named yourself "The Great One
• He was the best bish ever (Christian)
• You allow me my vampire obsession
• He writes the best church talks (Haley)
• He's so handsome (Paige)
• You still like me after all these years
• You support my movie habit
• You're my rock when I need it
• You think of me during the day and let me know it by calling and e-mailing
• You make other people feel good about themselves
• You have rockin' taste in music
• You're a fantastic dad
• You bring me Diet Cokes
• You took the time and effort to interview my dad and grandpa before they passed away
• You're a foodie like me
I left the more inappropriate reasons why I love him off of this list. You're welcome. We celebrated by having dinner at Wendy's (so posh) and by spending the night in a hotel in the middle of Wyoming. Dad's funeral is this weekend so we're on the road.
Thanks, Mikey, for being the love of my life. Happy birthday, babe.
4 comments:
Happy birthday, Mike! You totally deserve someone so wonderful, Misty. I love all those cute reasons you e-mailed him. I love 'He gets to say "I object!" at work.' That was hilarious. :)
Good luck this weekend!!
Happy Birthday Mike!!!
Thanks for leaving the "hmmm" ones off... did his flash up before a judge or something all day??!
Great b-day post and fantastic b-day idea. I'm sure he loved it. Many of the 41 reasons you all love Mike made me laugh out loud (including that he dated all your best friends). Happy Belated to The Great One!
Thanks for loving my son so much. You are such a blessing to me. Love, Mom
Post a Comment