Friday, January 14, 2011

"I got called down to the principal's office today."

Just what every mom loves to hear.  And he wasn't kidding, unfortunately.  Here's the story, the way he told it to me:

"So I came in from recess and my teacher said, 'Christian, go see the principal immediately.'  I had no idea why.  No, seriously, mom!  I didn't do anything wrong!  So I walked down to Mrs. Larsen's office.  She said, 'Have a seat, Christian.  This is serious.  I'm really disappointed (as she handed me this typed letter) .... I mean, I'm REALLY PROUD OF YOU!  Way to go.'  I turned over the letter, mom, and you'll never believe it.  I finally got a congratulations letter!" (Meaning, all of his homework had been completed and turned in for the week.)

"Who's the man, mom?  Seriously."

The child has an inflated sense of accomplishment, clearly, since this is only one successful week out of the school year so far, but it's a start.   I love how great his teacher made the experience for him, and that the principal was a good sport about it, too.   Hallelujah for good educators.

4 comments:

Marybeth said...

we should get some of them good educators at millcreek!

Mom and Kenz said...

Go Christian! Seriously, great teachers are going to the front of the line in heaven... what a life long difference a really good teacher can make.

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Yeah, hallelujah for good educators!! That is awesome. I'm glad he made it through one week. We are still working on that at our house, but there is PROGRESS, so yay.

Kelly said...

That approach could have put some kids in tears. I guess his teacher knew he could handle it. Way to go Christian!