Half-empty: I had the dreaded colonoscopy yesterday. The doc found another polyp. That's 3 in 3 years and I'm only 38.
Half-full: Taking the pills was sooo much easier. I'll definitely go that route again next time. And at least we're finding these polyps early before they have a chance to grow into anything scarier.
Half-empty: My dear, sweet child (who shall remain nameless to protect his privacy -- oops) cannot for the life of him get the hang of completing a homework assignment and actually turning it in. Something gets lost in the process.
Half-full: He has an amazing teacher who is trying to help him correct that habit and works with him to make sure his assignments get turned in. Teachers will keep hand-holding him like that all through jr. high and high school too, right?
Half-empty: The house looks so empty after taking Christmas down. I miss the twinkle lights all over the house.
Half-full: I didn't buy a single new decoration this year. Wait ... I mean, I only bought one new Christmas decoration this year. Major improvement over years past.
Half-empty: I have spent an abnormal amount of time reading lately. My house has definitely taken a hit.
Half-full: I found a new author that I have really enjoyed and have flown through her books. If the names Wendy, Finn or Tove collectively or the names Alice, Jack or Peter collectively mean anything to you, we should talk.
5 comments:
Let's see - what is the next holiday that you can decorate every corner for? - Valentine's Day! Yeah - love red.
Sure proud of you for being braver than your mother and getting a colonoscopy. Maybe....MOM
Who is this author? I can't get myself to even finish a book lately. Where do you find the time and how do your kids leave you alone long enough to finish a single page?
So sorry about the polyp. Happy you found out about the pills, though. My oldest is JUST STARTING to turn things in on time. Yup, 8th grade. He's learned the hard way, too (being grounded), so hopefully your anonymous child will learn it an easier way. Love your comments about Christmas decor. There was a lady in our old ward who was crazy about Christmas, and she said she learned to buy ALL of her Christmas decor on the off-season (after Christmas sales, or online at Christmas stores), so that when she pulled out something new and her husband asked about it, she could say, "Oh, that? I've had that for a while." ha
Don't be all cryptic like that--what's the book? Who's the author? I've got an e-reader to fill up here!
Glad your polyps are gone.
Ver Word: yerfoody
Haha--that just made me hungry.
The author is Amanda Hocking. She writes total fluff, young adult, fantasy (vampires, zombies) but her style is fun and easy. I found her because one of her books was $.99 for the Nook and I just kept reading. She's a little edgy so be warned.
Post a Comment