Monday, January 17, 2011

Tea Party

The high school put on the production of Cinderella. We have several friends who were in it so we planned on going anyway ... but when I heard that the cast was throwing a tea party beforehand for little girlies, we were SO THERE!! And it was actually really fun.

The fairy godmother threw lots of sparkly fairy dust and asked them what their one heart's desire was. Elle couldn't think of anything. Paige said something about being able to have magic bubbles that could explode into thousands of tiny bubbles. Fairy godmother wasn't quite sure what to say.
This is Jenna, one of the 2 ugly stepsisters. Love the makeup. Jenna & Kelsey stole the show as the over-the-top, bumbling, ditzy stepsisters. Kelsey's mom told us that she isn't allowed to do her stepsister laugh in the house -- it was that annoying (but still funny).
Paige & Laila were partners during dance lessons for the ball....
... they made picture frames for their portraits taken with Cinderella (inside her carriage -- they were excited)...
... they had royal treats from the royal chef (love the mustache) ...
... and colored princess pictures.
I gotta hand it to the high school kids, who did a fab job of keeping so many little girls entertained. Seeing the actors up close was pretty cool for them.

The creepiest part of the whole thing? These mannequins. Don't they remind you of I Am Legend? Seriously.

5 comments:

Misty said...

Borrowed a couple of pictures from Annie Leishman. Hoping she doesn't mind. :)

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

I agree. Mannequins definitely creepy. I LOVE this tea party idea, though!! What a brilliant idea. I bet every little girl in town was dying to be there. That sounds like so much fun!! I love the bubbles exploding into thousands of tiny bubbles. I don't quite get it either, but it's adorable. :)

Hannah said...

What a fun idea to have a tea party before the show! Your girls look like they had a grand time.

Becky said...

What great memories for little girls!

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks really fun. One is never too old for fairy tales.