Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Elle'isms

Elle is kind of obsessed with missions & missionaries lately.  We talk about Grandma & Grandpa Mayfield being in Zimbabwe and we get to Skype with them frequently.  She especially likes to see pictures of them and the people they are serving on their blog.  And Spencer's recent mission call is heavily on her mind now, too.  It's funny how her 4 yr old mind processes all of it, though.  For example:

* Her prayers usually include the words, "Please bless grandma & grandpa on a mission in Africa, and nana & papa on a mission in heaven, and Blakes on a mission in California."  Anyone physically away from her is obviously on a mission. 

* Elle & I were downtown recently.  We left the house that morning before I'd  put on my makeup so I pulled into an elementary school parking lot for a few minutes and finished getting ready.   School hadn't quite started yet so lots of kids were milling around outside, and Elle was busy watching them.  After a couple of minutes, she asked, "Did we just drive to Africa?"

* The morning after Spence opened his mission call to Russia, Elle climbed in bed with us and very seriously said, "I'm so worried about Spencer.  He will be so cold in the North Pole!"  Most of her prayers since have included, "Please bless Spencer on his mission so he won't be cold."

2 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Those are ALL SOOOOO SWEET!!!!! Bless her heart! :)

Judy said...

She's an angel and I appreciate her prayers. Love, Grandma