Sunday, March 20, 2011

I love this so much

As I've mentioned many times, Mike's parents are on an LDS mission in Zimbabwe, Africa. Recently, they took a group of 25 members of the church to the temple for their first time. The bus ride took 20 hours and was a huge undertaking for mom and dad to arrange. The local LDS show, Mormon Times, heard about the story beforehand and asked mom & dad to take lots of pictures and video about their trip. This morning, the show aired their story. I knew all about the trip and have heard mom & dad talk about it but to watch it happen made me so emotional! It's a beautiful story. So enjoy....

http://www.mormontimes.com/tv/segment/20137/Saints-in-Zimbabwe

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Aw Mist - that is so touching. Thanks for posting the link because I forgot to watch this morning. Way to go Senior Mayfields! I'm proud to say I know you!

Happy2Bme said...

I don't know any of these people, not even your in laws, and I'm bawling the whole way through. So touching. I can't wait to go on a mission.

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

I was tearing up myself!!! What a NEAT story, and what AMAZING experiences for those sweet Saints!! I love it! How neat for your in-laws--they must be the BEST missionaries and must be loving their mission. Thanks for sharing that!!

Erin Blake said...

Misty, that's so neat! So neat to see them and hear their voices and see how life changing this mission will be for them.

Mom and Kenz said...

Doesn't that just make you want to drop everything... sometimes I just wish the whole Hess Family could go on a mission!