Saturday, March 12, 2011

Romeo & Juliet

Paige and Elle were both in Creative Arts Academy's production of the ballet Romeo & Juliet.  Tonight was their final performance, unfortunately, because they both absolutely loved being on stage.  The overall production was pretty amazing, I have to say.  The lead dancer who played Juliet was stunning, both as a dancer and just physically so.  Beautiful girl.  Lots of girls on pointe, which fascinated both Elle & Paige.  And receiving flowers was Elle's favorite part.  She kept showing her bouquet to everyone who stopped to talk to her.  I didn't realize how much she'd like them.
(More pictures to come....)

After the ballet was over, the kids were talking about the story and explaining to each other that no, Juliet wasn't dead the first time but yes, she really was dead the 2nd time.  The idea that both Romeo and Juliet were willing to kill themselves because of the other's death was - thankfully - a little alarming to them all.  When Paige finally asked, "Why would they do that, mom?  Seriously.  Why?"  I said, "I agree, Paigie.  That's crazy.  If I woke up and found Romeo was dead, I would be sad but then I'd say, 'It was nice knowing you, Romeo.'  And then I'd go off to college." 

She laughed but I'm hoping that she remembers the bigger picture here -- that she should never lose her head to a guy to that degree - ever, that she should only get married to someone that mommy & daddy approve of and that it shouldn't be until she's at least 26 or 27.  ;)

8 comments:

Mom and Kenz said...

Love the Romeo/Juliet lesson...

Mom and Kenz said...

Love the Romeo/Juliet lesson...

Anonymous said...

You tell Misty! Wait a minute...aren't I your Romeo?? Glad to hear you would be able to adapt so quickly. :(

The Lymans said...

I wish I would have known they were in it and I would have watched for them! Olivia and Sophie were mesmerized and have been talking about the dead ballerina ever since! :)

Rachel said...

Better not let them read Twilight then...crazy Bella....

alison said...

Perfect opportunity to manipulate your children!

Misty said...

Mikey, Mikey ... She knew Romeo for what - like, a day? And then she killed herself because of him!! How else should I have answered little Paige? I ask you ...

Judy said...

Can't wait for more pictures. Elle is so beautiful. Love, Mom