Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter '11

How fun is Easter? We took the kids to an egg hunt, where I laughed at myself (and every other parent) as we coached our kids on how to score the most eggs. "You run straight for the middle of the lawn because most kids will stick to the perimeter and work their way in."
Elle liked the Easter bunny just a little more this year. The whole concept kind of freaked her out last Easter.
Easter morning meant more candy!! Seriously, I need to start planting the idea that the Easter bunny will leave carrots, lettuce leaves and fruit next year. First, the kids found jelly beans hidden around the house and then they hunted for their baskets.
Elle has been begging for these little "Sing-a-ma-jigs." You have to hear them to truly experience them.
We skyped with grandma & grandpa. One of the kids was munching on a chocolate bunny and grandma sighed, "Ohhh, what I wouldn't give for a chocolate bunny right now."
Christian set up an obstacle course for Haley's robotic spider.
Cracked me up that Paige would say, "I'm sorry, Easter Bunny, for eating your sister" every time she bit into her chocolate bunny. Good weekend for everyone. And since it's supposed to snow today, we got all of the festivities in just in time.

3 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

How fun!! Yeah, I know what you mean about the amount of candy. I've decided to start filling my kids' baskets with LARGER (and non-candy) items so the only candy they get is in the eggs (which is plenty). This year I went for Cheetos and some items from Church Distribution (Easter movie, etc.) I was pretty pleased with myself, LOL.

Rachel said...

Those sing-a-ma-jig things are kind of awesome - I almost got them for the kids for Christmas until I thought of the look that would be on my husband's face and quickly changed my mind!

Kelly said...

Your girls are so photogenic. I didn't take a single picture yesterday. What is happening to me???