First off, Christian went to his first year at EFY (Especially For Youth -- a church camp at BYU). He had no desire to go, actually. I signed him up and kept trying to convince him how much fun he'd have. He wasn't so sure, even as I dropped him off. I kept trying to sneak pictures of him since he wouldn't pose for one.
"Mom, stop taking pictures!"
Picked him up at the end of the week and he looked like this ...
He loved it. Hallelujah! He had a fantastic time (Hello! Trust your mom next time, buddy.) and wants to go back. I'm so, so glad. :)
Haley took off for most of the week with her friend, Kate, to Space Camp. Christian went when he was her age and had such a great week. It's a very cool program where they do everything from space shuttle mock-runs to building and racing Mars Rovers to scuba diving to feel weightlessness. These girls had a blast. :)
I love that they are both having positive experiences away from home. And I have a feeling that it's all just the beginning ....










1 comment:
Oh, SO COOL, on both accounts! I am DYING for my oldest to go to EFY, but he is refusing. No kidding with the "trust your mom, buddy!" Sheesh. But hallelujah that Christian had a good time! WOO HOO! And that space camp looks wicked awesome. That is so fun.
BTW, I just replied to you on my blog... I said I've always been impressed that you could ever go from BSL back to ASL at all. I think that's amazing--smooshed or not. :) Gift of tongues, my friend. Or hands. :)
Post a Comment