Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Youth Conference 2013

Oh, how I wish I had more pictures of Youth Conference.  I didn't end up taking near as many as I thought I did.  We spent 3 days'ish here around town and up at the UofU in the dorms.  Mike & I were involved in planning it and then watched the fun event unfold....

The first night, we blindfolded the kids and took them to the temple.



Awesome photo bombing skills there, Heidi. :)


From there, we spent lots of time at the UofU Institute building.  We played Minute-to-Win-It games (here, Steph Hess winning the 'Chocolate Unicorn' game -- by smashing chocolate mini-donuts against her forehead for the win)...

There was also a skit night, where Mike and his brother, Nate, played Dr. Evil and his Mini-Me.  It was pretty funny watching people's reactions when Nate crawled out on stage on his knees.  Most people don't know the uncanny family resemblance between Mike & his brothers.

Between amazing food, speakers, big group games, service projects, diet coke runs for leaders, decorations, a dance, rounding up the youth back to their dorms after dark, kids making their own videos for a 'film festival' later that week ... it was a very cool experience.  And Christian -- fresh from his successful EFY week -- was happy to be there and had a blast, too.  That's all this mom could ask for.

No comments: