
This past weekend, we went camping with our ward at the Heber Valley Girls' Camp. For a city girl like myself, that was definitely the place to go for a fun camping experience. Mike and I just don't have the gear or stuff to camp comfortably with our whole family. But this campsite is the perfect middle ground.... complete with cabins that sleep 16 each, real bathrooms with showers, a pavilion with tables and a fridge for leftovers, running water and even electricity in certain locations. And still plenty of dirt, rocks, and outdoorsiness to make the kids happy. Aside from a posh motorhome, this was the next best thing.

It was great going with our ward, too, because breakfast was provided the next morning and smores the night before. We teamed up with friends to do dinner together, so that wasn't bad, either. Like I said, camping the easy way.

We also participated in a ropes course that is set up at the camp. Our favorite part was this giant swing-type thing. We were strapped up in a harness, hoisted up to the top of a large tree and then went swinging way out the other side. I am not a huge fan of that kind of stuff but I'm happy to say that I did it. And so did Mike, Christian, Haley and Paige. Great pictures, eh?





All in all, fun weekend. Thanks, Becca, for pulling this all together. You probably didn't have as much fun as the rest of us but we sure enjoyed ourselves.
5 comments:
I am so loving reading your blog and seeing all your cute pics... especially the old ones!! Looks like I missed half the fun of the campout... but I so enjoyed the time I was there. Thanks Becca!!
It was my pleasure to put that little camp out together:) (though I won't complain if I don't ever have to organize another one) Good times! I'm just glad people showed up and had fun!
Your family just warms my heart. It is great to know in a world full of angst, your little gang still finds joy in everyday life. Have a happy day. :)
How fun!!! That is about as "camping" as I will do and still be happy. Looks like so much fun!!!
I love your blog Misty... wish I could be so creative and dedicated but you do inspire me to try and keep mine going.
Will you send me that picture of Paige and Cameron -- I love it!!!
Post a Comment