25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about me:
1) I feel blessed to have such an amazing husband. My life is so much better because of him.
2) I shop more like a guy than a girl ... I don't search and search for the perfect item on sale. If I see something I like and it's on sale - great. If it isn't on sale but still reasonable, I'll still buy it.
3) I hate the monotony of making dinner - trying to find something the kids will eat and that tastes good to me, too.
4) I genuinely enjoy solitude.
5) My house is generally picked up but much less often deep-cleaned.
6) I'm addicted to the computer ... e-mail, facebook, blogging. My Blackberry only serves to deepen my addiction.
7) Once my kids are all in school, I will learn to play the cello. I am fascinated by it.
8) At 36, I am pushing myself harder exercise-wise than I ever have in my life.
9) My biggest fear is losing one of my kids, to death or something/someone creepier.
10) My next biggest fear is being in a major catastrophe (earthquake, flowing lava, large black funnel cloud, whatever).
11) My greatest goal is to help my kids become happy, successful adults, in whatever way that is for each of them.
12) Music changes me.
13) I'm glad I made it through high school but sometimes I wish I could go back and be a nicer person. I was far too concerned with what others thought about me to be truly as kind as I should have been.
14) I've lived in Utah all of my life and only just went to Lake Powell for the first time a couple of years ago. During my entire childhood, my understanding of Southern Utah was the stretch of I-15 to St. George.
15) While there is plenty of stuff in this house, I am not a pack rat. I have no problem throwing things out. Especially other people's stuff.
16) I've read the Twilight series more times than I care to admit.
17) I'm proud of the fact that I served a mission. That experience largely made me who I am today.
18) I can't wait to serve a mission with Mike someday. A couples' mission seems like a piece of cake compared to what I did before.
19) I like fast food and eating out more than I should.
20) While I love the U, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Y. Good times. :)
21) My husband will detest the fact that I wrote that.
22) Quite often, I feel like I am guessing at the right way to parent (the right way to motivate or discipline ....)
23) In the end, Mike finished more of my requirements for college graduation than I did. During that last couple of semesters, I was so sick (pregnant) that I couldn't finish many of my assignments on my own.
24) I enjoy the instant gratification of mowing the lawn.
25) Movies are my escape.
5 comments:
Well look what I found today! If you don't mind, I am now going to be a Mayfield Mayhem reader because I often wish I could see you more than once a year! Unless you go private, I just invited myself to your blog! --CARRIE
I really enjoyed this post. It was fun getting to know you a little more.
Regarding number 1: You rock.
Regarding number 13: Ditto.
Regarding number 15: Now I know what happened to my singing fish decoration.
Regarding number 18: Right back at ya.
Regarding number 23...whatever?!!?
All I did was edit a few of your papers.
We must be sisters because my list is almost identical except for the whole mission and loving the U thing. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you have a soft spot for the Y.
I loved reading that list!! Here are the ones that you and I have in common:
#1, definitely
#6, though I don't have a Blackberry, but if I did I would be addicted worse
#9
#11
#14--this isn't something we have in common, I guess, but I lived in Utah for 21 years and only went to Lake Powell once; but it is GORGEOUS & I loved it!
#17, I am SO proud I served a mission; it changed me FOREVER
#25, definitely; small escape from real life
You're awesome. :)
Post a Comment