Thursday, January 29, 2009

A-Z

For lack of more interesting things going on in my life right now, I'm resorting to posting tags that people have sent me. Here's another:

Available?: Only to Mike
Age: 36
Annoyance: disrepectful kids
Animal: My least favorite at the moment are deer. They eat everything from our bushes to my tulips, and leave little "reminders" on my lawn that they've been there.

Beer: I've never even been tempted to try it.
Birthday: 3/26
Best Friend: Mike
Body Part on opposite sex: cut, defined arms
Best feeling in the world: being content
Blind or Deaf: deaf
Best weather: a warm'ish fall day with just a hint of a chill
Been in Love: currently
Been on stage?: Do ward road shows count?
Believe in Magic: of course (I can even recant several Harry Potter spells)
Believe in Santa: absolutely

Candy: peanut M&M's
Color: red
Chocolate/Vanilla: chocolate
Chinese/Mexican Food: Chinese
Cake or pie: Cake
Continent to visit: Europe
Cheese: Mozzarella

Day or Night: both, for different reasons
Danced in the rain: Yes, in England on my mission. We were in the rain a lot. Go figure.

Eyes: blue-green-gray'ish; they change depending on what color I'm wearing
Ever failed a class?: ...um yes....

First thoughts waking up: This morning it was, "Which child is in my bed and why are their feet in my ribs?"
Food: seafood, particularly crab & lobster
Favorite vacation: our cruise, but Europe takes a close 2nd

Greatest Fear: losing a child
Goals: run the distance in the Race for the Cure 5K in May
Gum: bubble
Get along with your parents?: yes, very well

Hair Color: auburn
Height: 5'10
Happy: yes
Holiday: Christmas, the entire season
How do you want to die: painlessly

Ice Cream: anything with chocolate in it or on it
Instrument: cello

Jewelry: lots of it, in all varieties
Job: mommy ... best job in the world

Kids: 4
Kickboxing or karate: karate (Christian's passion these days)
Keep a journal?: This blog has replaced my journal now.

Loves: music, movies, a good book, hugs from my kids
Letter: M (Mike & Misty Mayfield)
Laughed so hard you cried?: often

Milk flavor: chocolate
Movies: A Knight's Tale, Sliding Doors, Best In Show ... so many choices
Motion sickness?: Much moreso than when I was younger. I think morning sickness has changed me permanently.
McD’s or BK: McDonald's (no one does fries better)

Number: Googol, which my kids insist is the largest number. I always argue with them that infinity is the largest. (Wikipedia, by the way, says that googol=10 to the 100th degree)

One wish: To travel more
One regret: That I didn't go on study abroad in Jerusalem

Pepsi/Coke: Diet Coke from the tap
Pet: no thanks
Perfect Pizza: Costco (awesome, thick crust)
Piercings: One in each ear. But in 9th grade, I had 3 holes in one ear and 2 in the other.

Quail: As in, for dinner? O.k., whatever.

Reason to cry: a great movie
Reality T.V.: American Idol
Radio Station: 101.9, NPR
Roll your tongue in a circle: Yes, I can. I can also tie a cherry stem into a knot.
Ring size: 7.5

Song: There is no way I could choose just one. A small sampling is here on my blog.
Shoe size: 10.5
Salad Dressing: Brianna's Poppyseed
Sushi: love it
Skinny dipped?: yep
Shower or bath?: shower
Strawberries/Blueberries: strawberries, preferably dipped in chocolate

Tattoos?: nope
Time for bed: 11'ish
Thunderstorms: Love them, and we have a great view off our deck of incoming storms.

Unpredictable: my girls' mood changes

Vacation spot(s): Someplace warm but not too hot, preferably by a beach or a pool.

Weakness: potato chips and candy
Which one of your friends acts the most like you: probably Rachel
Worst feeling: Losing one of my kids. I lost Christian at Sea World for about 10 minutes when he was only 3 -- worst 10 minutes of my life. I was absolutely panicked.
Wanted to be a model: Never, but my mom did make me take a runway modeling class in jr. high so I'd learn to walk straight and poised. It actually helped.
Worst Weather?: 100+ degree heat

X-Rays: My most memorable x-ray moment was with Paige in the ER when she was 18 months old and had just fallen 8 feet off of our deck. Try explaining to an 18 month old that she needs to hold perfectly still.

Year it is now: 2009
Yellow: was my color growing up. Each of us kids was assigned a color, and various things were labeled with that color: utensils, cups, plates, toothbrushes, bows on Christmas presents, etc.

Zoo animal: Lions & tigers, especially at the San Francisco Zoo at feeding time. They're in a concrete house and their roars are deafening as they echo off the walls. I was scared and fascinated at the same time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I have lived with you for 13 and half years and there were things I learned in this post. Wierd.

Heather Armstrong said...

Speaking of American Idol, did you see the Salt Lake City auditions last night? I think my favorite part was Simon rolling his eyes and saying, "Why are they all so happy?"

Kimm said...

So, I'm pretty sure that dancing in the rain thing was at least once with your bestest most favorite companion of all....drum roll please....ME!! Do you remember the song we wrote about the B of M??

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Love that list!! I have had a similar x-ray experience, only it was in England! We were in Preston, up by Manchester, on vacation, and Belinda tripped in the hotel room and broke her arm. She was two, and I am RIGHT THERE WITH YOU on trying to get her to hold still (and also just cooperate!). SO HARD! Anyway, thanks for the great read. :)

Misty said...

What new things did you learn, Mike? Just curious...

And Kimm - you are involved in most of my favorite memories on my mission (I say 'most' but not all, Jenn.) :) Those were some good times! I don't remember the exact words to the BofM song but I definitely remember cracking ourselves up over it.

Amy and Brad said...

Here's my favorite:
"Ever failed a class? Um...yes"