Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas break in review

* Went sledding twice with different sets of cousins. One day was beautiful and warm'ish; the other day was cold and ended with 2 kids crying.
* Spent lots of time at home, playing with new toys and just chillin'.
* Saw several movies, with and without kids -- Bedtime Stories (loved it -- Mike tells the kids stories like that), Despereaux, Marley & Me (I'd give it 2 out of 4 stars), Benjamin Button (I loved, loved, loved that movie -- the acting and special effects blew me away), Wall-E (we never saw it in theaters and I really enjoyed it), Ghost Town (definitely watch it for a good laugh), and High School Musical 3 (we took Elle this time, who sat mesmerized by each musical number since she already knew the music).
* Took 3 kids to the dr. (different days for different ailments)
* Stayed up late and slept in little.
* Sent Mike to New Orleans with his buddy, Rob, to watch the Utes crush Alabama.
* Had Super Mario Bros. tournaments on the DS with my kids (and I beat them all).
* Had cousin sleepovers, one of which ended with a vomiting child.
* Trips to Toys R Us and the mall to spend Christmas money.
* Ate too much junk but loved it.
* Had a fire almost daily in the fireplace.
* Had home-spa day with my girls (even Elle sat still for purple nails).

Now the kids are back in school and I'm going to breathe ....

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

What a great time!! (Well, except for the dr. and the crying kids sledding, maybe.) Sounds awesome. Did you like Despereaux? I'd like to go see it.