1. I bought this cute, little camera so I wouldn't have to carry my big, nice one around all the time. I've been snapping lots of cute pictures ... but now I can't find the cord so I can download them onto my blog. Or do anything with them, for that matter.2. I can't go to bed yet. My sheets are still in the dryer -- I forgot to dry them earlier at a more decent hour.
3. I just heard about a high school lunch/reunion for women from my class at a restaurant in a couple of weeks. Thank you, Facebook, for hooking us all back up!
4. Speaking of Facebook, has anyone else had any past relationships pop back up in weird ways on Facebook? I'm experiencing a bit of that ...
5. Thankfully, Elle is finally getting better after being on some serious medication this past week. I never knew that asthma could make her winter so miserable. We've been in uncharted waters the past few months.
6. Our whole family spoke in church yesterday and, even though it went fairly well, I breathed a sigh of relief when it was over. It was a good teaching moment for our kids (since one child in particular wasn't overly happy about the assignment) that when the bishop asks you to do something, you just say yes.
7. How have I lived this long and still can't always see if something is an answer to prayer or just a random happening?
8. I loved watching my kids play together tonight at the playland in McDonald's. (Daddy was away so I let the kids choose dinner.) The older ones helped the younger ones climb up to the top, which was a change for us since I was the one who normally had to rescue my screaming, scared toddler from the top of the playland. Now big brother is there to rescue, just in case.
9. We finally found affordable, reasonable plane tickets for our trip to Hawaii in a couple of months. The trip may not have happened otherwise so this was a good thing.
10. Could the snow be any prettier? I love how each tree branch is outlined with an inch of fluffy white. I'm dying to ski...
6 comments:
I remember when Haley was really little and she climbed to the top of the McDonald's slide. Then she didn't want to slide down. So I climbed up to the top, put her on my lap, and we scotted all the way back down. Good times. (I don't think I would even fit in that contraption anymore). I'll bet it's nice to have Christian fetch the little kids in there these days.
I have not had any past relationships show up on Facebook, but that has been a big fear for me!! That would just be creepy.
Well, I think sometimes answers to prayer just aren't that easy to spot, and sometimes they're easier to recognize much later after they happen. (I know exactly what you mean, though.)
Enjoy Hawaii!! Where are you going? We went to Maui and Oahu in August and had an absolute blast. It's awesome. Enjoy!
P.S. I lost a camera cord once and then discovered that sometimes they are interchangable with other cameras from the same manufacturer.
4. YES!!!!!
5. I grew up with asthma and Michael has asthma. It's really hard. I remember taking Michael to the ER and just crying because it brought so many memories of my life with it. It's a beast to control. I am so thankful for the technology we have to help them control it.
7. Prayer. I more grateful and recognize the simple blessing of life.
9. How can I join your travel group?
You guys are so awesome. Let's do dinner sometime. Or even just get our families together.
I love facebook. I have hooked up with so many old friend, it is so great!! I have felt that way about prayers also. I think our understanding of prayer is a constantly evolving thing. It has to be life long or we wouldn't be here on earth!! Thanks for such a thoughtful post!
I rescued Christian once at the top of a playland and I was at least 6 months pregnant. THAT was some good times.
Post a Comment