Rudy (half pictured above) is my sister's dog. She asked us to babysit him while they went out of town. Since she made my vacation recently possible by watching all 4 of my kids, I figured I owed her one. We've actually taken care of Rudy before so I wasn't entirely clueless about what it would entail. (Entail! I'm killing myself.) He happens to be a dream dog. Truly. He doesn't bark, doesn't lick, doesn't jump, hardly sheds and loves to just hang out wherever we are. My kids adore him. This week was a great lesson in what it takes to have a dog .... they all took turns walking him around the block (and quite often fought over whose turn it was), they made sure he went out in the back to do his business and they'll all get a chance to pick up his business later. Good times.
Yesterday, as Paige and I took Rudy for a walk, I told her that we would be taking him back home today. She sadly said, "But I want to keep him. He's precious and so delightful." After I stopped chuckling at her choice of language (do all 5 year olds talk like that?), I told her I absolutely agreed with her. He's been great practice for my kids in dog-owning. Who knows? Maybe I'll have a moment of insanity and get a dog someday. If I do, please let it be as "delightful" as Rudy.
3 comments:
Misty- It was soooo nice to come home to Rudy and know he was so well taken care of! Honestly. After his whole escapade at the pound, I knew he couldn't back in a cage, back in the dark, and you saved him! He told me to tell you that- He. had. the time of his life and he's never felt this way before. He. Had. The time of his life and he owes it all to youuuu.
Special prize from Misty if any of you friends know the song I just quoted...
Am I supposed to be Patrick Swayze to Rudy's Jennifer Grey in that song?? I'm not sure how to feel about that, Erin....
"I've Had the Time of My Life" (Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes) from Dirty Dancing. I prefer your rendition, though. LOL
I am with you. We don't have a dog mainly because I don't enjoy the hair, smell, licking, etc. that come with them. That, and my husband is allergic. (I think that's one of the reasons I fell in love with him!) But I'm glad you had a good time with Rudy. If nothing else, you got to enjoy Paige saying "He's so precious and delighful." (THAT is precious and delightful!!!)
Post a Comment