Spring Break is in full swing. We rarely go out of town for Spring Break since daddy's law firm doesn't recognize it as a week-long holiday. Go figure. So we're having a stay-cation ... doing one fun thing every day with lots of outdoor activities in between. (We're also throwing in a few doctor's visits for the strep epidemic at our house, but I digress....)
Yesterday's warm weather had us throwing open the windows and doors and heading outside. Christian watched the neighbor boys set up their lemonade stand in the morning and decided he would try a different tactic ... a warm, chocolate chip cookie stand late in the afternoon when people are feeling snack'ish. So we made cookies ....lots and lots of cookies.

Christian wasn't sure why I kept sending his little sisters out to help him. I assured him they were good for business. And apparently they were, because they all made $13 from the venture. That kicks a lemonade sale!


Of course, some of the inventory had to be sampled for quality control.

Wait ... what's that?

Aahhhh ... kids after my own heart. Apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Here was the strep victim yesterday. Poor girl had to watch the festivities from the window.

She plans on having her own cookie sale soon, though. No way big brother can make that kind of money without her wanting in on the action.
The little girls thought it was warm enough for a "swimming party," which basically meant that they filled up large cups of water and threw them on each other. Once their teeth were chattering sufficiently, they agreed to transfer the swimming party to the tub.



Gotta love the warm weather for spring break. That's a good combination.
6 comments:
Hey! How come I didn't get any of those cookies??!! No fair!
Nice post Misty--totally made me smile.
We did the Staycation thing for Spring Break this year, too. It was surprisingly fun!
Good thing I didn't drive by that cookie stand! They looked delish!
Okay, the cookies look YUMMY! I wish I were close enough to have come by! I LOVE all those pictures--what a fun mom you are. Of course! Poor Haley. I've had strep before and it BITES! :(
How did I miss this! Maybe you could post something on your blog the day of the next cookie sale so I know to take a different route home. Ooohh... and how about a cookie dough option?? I love your blog!! Mine pales in comparison.
Genius! I'm rarely tempted by lemonade, but I think if I saw cookies the car would pull itself over for me....
Post a Comment