Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday

* I'm thankful that my body works well enough to attempt another 5k this Saturday. Extremely slow, yes, but still able to run.

* I'm thankful for Mike who totally gets me. He puts up with a lot from me and he's still there smiling and telling me how hot I am. Only in your eyes, babe. :)

* I'm thankful that my children are happy, healthy, spunky, feisty little people.

* I'm thankful for great friends to do so many things with: laugh, eat, travel, exercise, play, share, cry, talk, serve, plan church events, e-mail, blog, Facebook, cherish...

* I'm thankful for traditions: family gatherings, daddy surprises, Sunday dinners, "happenings", holidays...

* I'm thankful for DVR. Changed my life. :)

* I'm thankful for great neighbors: borrowing tools (definitely a one-sided thing), talking out on the lawn while the kids play, street bbq's, impromptu dinners on our lawn...

* I'm thankful for good entertainment: great books, movies, t.v., music ...

* I'm thankful for beliefs and values that center me and have made me who I am.

* I'm thankful for family -- for the people who gave me roots and continue to love and support me and my own little family now.

2 comments:

Heather Armstrong said...

Um, for the record, I've always thought you were hot--not just Mike.

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Amen!! Awesome. :)