I have had porcelain veneers on my top teeth since I was 23 (boring story) and they have needed to be replaced for a few years now. My dentist asked if I'd be willing to be his sample patient at a dental conference/training for porcelain veneers in San Francisco. Ummm, let me think about that .... Yes, please! It means travelling to SF for 2 weekends -- first to have my old veneers taken off and temps put on and then back a few weeks later for the permanent veneers. This past weekend was the first of the 2 trips.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
San Francisco, part 1
I spent the weekend in San Francisco with an unlikely group -- my dentist, his wife & daughter and two of his dental assistants. Not your typical trip, true, but I had a great time and was in great company.
I have had porcelain veneers on my top teeth since I was 23 (boring story) and they have needed to be replaced for a few years now. My dentist asked if I'd be willing to be his sample patient at a dental conference/training for porcelain veneers in San Francisco. Ummm, let me think about that .... Yes, please! It means travelling to SF for 2 weekends -- first to have my old veneers taken off and temps put on and then back a few weeks later for the permanent veneers. This past weekend was the first of the 2 trips.
This is where all of the dentists worked on their patients. If you're scared of the dentist at all (good thing I'm not), this room would definitely be your nightmare. Lots of drilling and shots of novacaine happening here.
(Why won't my cute red camera let me turn these pictures??) Dr. Adrian is a master at what he does and I was happy to be in good hands. His two assistants, Cleo (aka Rosario Dawson) and Katie (aka Liv Tyler), were not only fun travel companions but were so great during the 4 hour procedure. Good times. Here's the team:
The rest of the time that I wasn't in the chair was spent hanging out in the city. I love San Francisco. It was my second home as a kid. We did some sightseeing, shopping, people watching, good eating and just enjoying the city.





These guys were amazing tap dancers. I think we need more street performers in SL.
My first time to Alcatraz, oddly enough.
Dr. Adrian, Jamie and Holland.
This was the best surprise of the whole trip. Paige made me this "paper hug" and she stashed it away in my suitcase. If I missed her and needed a hug, I could wrap this ribbon and her little cut-out hands around myself. :)
I have had porcelain veneers on my top teeth since I was 23 (boring story) and they have needed to be replaced for a few years now. My dentist asked if I'd be willing to be his sample patient at a dental conference/training for porcelain veneers in San Francisco. Ummm, let me think about that .... Yes, please! It means travelling to SF for 2 weekends -- first to have my old veneers taken off and temps put on and then back a few weeks later for the permanent veneers. This past weekend was the first of the 2 trips.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Misty, how can I copy this paper hug pic for my blog? I love it. Did she think of that on her own? How do I copy it?
How cute is that paper hug?!?!? Cool you get to go to SF!! We spent time there when Kevin was at Stanford and we really like SF, too! I really like Alcatraz also--glad you got to go.
small world, I know Jamie and Adrian. I use to go to him until my insurance changed. fun!!!
So, funny thing-Adrian is my mom's cousin. Small world! You were definitely in good company. :)
First time to Alcatraz? for real?
That hug is the best thing I have ever seen - tell Paige she rocks!!!!
That paper hug idea is the greatest!! you get to go everywhere...hey next time take me with you!! ha ha
Cant wait for next month. And Adrian today called us "two peas in a pod" Ha ha, i really don't know where that came from.
Also! Ok the funniest thing. I googled the Bush Man that we saw by the warf and he is totally famous. He is all over youtube and on wikipedia it says he makes up to 60,000 a year! I told Jamie and she said "Katie, lets be Bush Women" ha ha, that just doesn't sound good.
And one more think google NieNie her family was on the Today show. And that one post that we were like is that child not hers because it says the Moms name is Lucy, that is her sister and she is the one who watched that child. So sad.
Haley packed one of those hugs for me a few years back. I found it when I was unpacking in my hotel room. Made my day!
Fun trip! I can't get over that paper hug - that is the cutest thing I've ever seen.
Post a Comment