The kids actually cheered up quite a bit once we were on the downhill stretch and we started jumping in puddles and enjoying the thorough soaking we were receiving. By the time we got back in the car, the kids had almost forgiven us.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Law Day 5K
Today was the Law Day 5K at the U. We woke up bright and early ... to rain. Lots of rain. Good times ahead! I could feel it. This was my first clue:
Paige wasn't crying because her parents were forcing her to run/walk in the rain. She was crying because we forced her to wear a Law Day t-shirt over the top of her cute outfit. I'm not kidding. Christian thought he looked pretty cool, but then he usually thinks so.
Eventually we were ready to go....
... and everyone was so happy to be there!
Who are these crazy people who wear next to nothing in 50 degree rainy weather?
Not us - no way! We bundled up.
Didn't help, though. We were all soaked pretty early on. Then the real battle began -- trying to convince my kids that this was an adventure, not a punishment. At one point, Christian said, "I'm so dizzy -- I'm getting sick. I think it's the swine flu." If he had said that with a smile on his face, I would have laughed. Well, I did laugh anyway but Mike and I both said, "Suck it up! Let's go." Elle screamed for at least half of the race. Apparently it's hard work to sit in a comfortable, dry jogger-stroller. At last a good samaritan mom gave her a baggie of treats. Note to self: next year bring a baggie full of marshmallows and candy to the race. The sugar high did her some good.
The kids actually cheered up quite a bit once we were on the downhill stretch and we started jumping in puddles and enjoying the thorough soaking we were receiving. By the time we got back in the car, the kids had almost forgiven us.

We all went, dripping wet, for breakfast and big steaming cups of hot chocolate. I think the kids have forgiven us now and are genuinely gaining a love of fitness. Well, maybe. They all said that they don't "ever, ever, ever want to do the Law Day 5K ever again."
The kids actually cheered up quite a bit once we were on the downhill stretch and we started jumping in puddles and enjoying the thorough soaking we were receiving. By the time we got back in the car, the kids had almost forgiven us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
As that downpour pounded everything, I just knew that my Mayfield kids would NOT be out in it. I just knew their parents would protect them. NOT! I'm proud of you and you must all have stories to tell. GMA
okay, love the picture and story about Paige. Love the nasty look on your face. I was going to say, you better have taken them for some kind of treat.
LOL! The picture of Elle glaring at Paige in the stroller totally cracks me up. Funny post.
You guys are such troopers. Way to to stick to your guns. And those pictures are AWESOME.
You ARE troopers!! Holy cow! Love the first pic of Paige. I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones who throw fits when we tell them we're doing something! ha
Totally impressed in Walla Walla!!
Love it - how many emotions can one event inspire? LOL
Post a Comment