

I love Halloween. I really do. The costumes, the decorations (which aren't near scary enough, according to Christian, but I don't want to give the little girls nightmares just yet. Hello?), carving pumpkins, the parties... My excitement about the holiday gets the kids into a near frenzy by trick-or-treat time. But let me back-up a bit.
We started a few weeks ago carving pumpkins that the kids had picked themselves out of
Bro. Thurgood's garden. (Let me just say, again, how much we love that man.)


There were a couple of friends' parties...

... and then the festivities at school. The costume parade is by far my favorite part. Yes, the kids go by faster than we parents would like but the costumes always crack me up.

Our cute neighbor, Addie.

Peace and love, dude.

I could not even recognize Cooper in this get-up.

Julia Child was my favorite. I'm pretty sure Christian would never don that outfit.

Our neighbor, Wendy Pitt, who's also a teacher at the school. Her cackle could be heard across the whole building.
Haley's school didn't have a costume parade, sadly, but they did have 'crazy hair day' and classroom parties.


I love Emma's hair. There was a plastic cup under there to hold it up. Gotta remember that one.
By Halloween night, the kids were giddy. They were like horses at the starting gate, just waiting for the gates to drop so they could take off down the street. Awesome.

The older kids started out with dad and then took off with friends and cousins to get as much trick-or-treating in as they could.

Christian's best friend, Joseph, is under there somewhere.

Haley & Sydney ... "best cousins" as they call themselves.

Our cute neighbors joining in on the fun.

Honing their trick-or-treating skills...
4 comments:
I thought Halloween was a holiday and thus a candy-fest for your confused children? Those dark circles under Christian's eyes are proof that a child NEEDS a little bit of sugar as part of a balanced diet. Paige looked great in the Cleopatra costume. Were all of those pieces mine?
Oh believe me ... they gorged on sugar all day long. The candy pictured is what was left over, and that's what will have to wait for another holiday...
Great pictures! I loved all the grandchilren's costumes. I'm glad they had their sugar day. Of course it's not to early to put up Christmas. The Chritmas music has started hasn't it? In fact, I have been listening to Christmas CD's because I forgot to pack all my Tabernacle Choir ones. Love you all, Grandma
yes, it is! I always start Christmas on Nov. 1! ha Looks like tons o' fun!! My favorite picture was Paige's poser up near the top. SO cute! I did love all the costumes of friends/neighbors/schoolmates. Julia Child was hilarious.
P.S. I think my kids are mostly too shy for trick-or-treating. I really thought we'd do it this year, and nobody wanted to! I wouldn't mind if they did, it's just I think we didn't start them early enough because now they don't really want to.
Post a Comment