As part of my responsibilities in our church, I help plan a yearly ladies' event called "Super Saturday." It's partly a craft event, where we all paint and sand and glue and modge podge to our hearts' content, it's partly a chance to take some how-to classes, it's partly a chance to eat yummy food and it's definitely partly just a chance to hang out together and chat. That's what we women do best, after all.
We decided to have a Christmas theme this year, which was great by me. Christmas music and decorations just made me happy. Hope nobody minded that we skipped right over Thanksgiving.

And then there were the crafts.... Lots and lots of crafts.






We had a total of 5 crafts and made lots and lots of each one. Should've taken more finished product pictures.
The 2 classes we offered this year were both on the same theme. We started with cupcake decorating, taught by Julie who is the talented woman who made Mike's 40th birthday cake a few weeks ago. Cute stuff, no?



And the second class was on cake decorating, taught by my new neighbor Kim.


What talented ladies. I told them to give me their best Martha looks. :)

We had free prize giveaways every half-hour...

and lots of yummy food and good conversation at brunch.


We had about 65 women come and most people left with at least one craft finished (except me but nothing new there). The goal is to help people get some Christmas gifts ready, and I'm pretty sure we accomplished that. It's a big but very fun event and it was fun to pull it off. Good times.... good times.
8 comments:
Yea!!! It turned out so well! Thank you for all of your hard work! You are so wonderful to work with and make it FUN!!!
That looks SOOOOOOOO fun. I am so jealous. (We don't appear to have Super Saturday out here!) The cake class looks so awesome! And the crafts are adorable. If I were there, I DEFINITELY wouldn't have minded skipping right over Thanksgiving to Christmas. (I do like Thanksgiving... but Christmas is IT!) Job well done, companera!!
Misty, I love the baby picture block. What a great idea. It looks like you had a great time. Way to go!
I miss Super Saturday. Waaaaaahhhhh... We've got a stickler of a stake pres. who doesn't feel this is an important use of our time. Way to go for pulling it off.
I have 3 super saturday projects from last year that I haven't finished.
And I want you to know that I really don't like this post because I'm jealous and I wish I was there!
It was great as usual! Thanks for a fun morning!!
Another successful year. Well done :) Hopefully it's your last ;)
Yes, super Saturday was SUPER!!! Thanks for pulling it off again. I have to tell you... I enjoy it a little more as a participant! But... you are the best.
Post a Comment