Sunday, November 29, 2009

The road to black belt

Christian has been taking Tae Kwon Do for a few years and absolutely loves it. I'm amazed at what he's learned and continues to learn, and the precision and perfection with which he masters each kick and form.

Last Saturday was his advancement test for his 1st deputy black belt. I wish I'd been able to capture him actually breaking the board with his flying kick but I only captured the flying part. He broke it on his first try, though. He only has 3 more levels of deputy black belt to achieve and then he'll be a full-fledged black belt. Very cool.

6 comments:

Mom and Kenz said...

Good job Christian!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Wow, I am completely impressed. That is awesome!! Way to go, Christian!

thederricks said...

That's awesome! Way to go Christian!

Judy said...

Christian, I am so proud of your achievement! What skills you are learning. Can't wait to see a demonstration when I get back home. I am going to copy a couple of these pictures to enjoy in Africa. Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

So proud of you Christian! Keep it up!

Amy and Brad said...

GO CHRISTIAN!