Alison had the perfect place settings and well thought out seating assignments. The kids had their own table (which made for a much nicer dinner for the adults).
Friday, December 4, 2009
Giving Thanks
We spent Thanksgiving this year with part of the Mayfield family (the "triplet" brothers, Mike, Paul & Nate and families) and with part of my sister-in-law's family. We started out the festivities with a thankful game, where everyone showed a few items that represented what they were thankful for. My favorites were 7 yr old Kate saying she was thankful for herself, several adults expressing gratitude for their cell phones and Mike holding up his wallet saying he was thankful for $$.
Alison had the perfect place settings and well thought out seating assignments. The kids had their own table (which made for a much nicer dinner for the adults).
And the food ... I should've taken more pictures of it all. Everything I ate was incredible.
Homemade rolls are my absolute weakness. Always have been.
This was the yummiest egg nog-ice cream-sprite concoction. Super low-fat, too. :}

Then there was plenty of time for cousins to play, watch movies, games, eat some more... That's the beauty of Thanksgiving.













Top it all off with a nap by a fire and you've got a perfect day.
Alison had the perfect place settings and well thought out seating assignments. The kids had their own table (which made for a much nicer dinner for the adults).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad you were able to get together and enjoy the day. So fun to see the pictures, especially of the grandchildre. Glad Mike could get some much needed rest. Love you all, Mom Mayfield
I'm trying to think of a comment but all I'm coming up with is egg nogg-ice cream-sprite....me want some of that....
What a great day! Sounds so fun! The placecards and the decor was so adorable. My weakness is homemade rolls, too. I could eat an entire dinner of them--forget the turkey, stuffing, etc. My favorite pic is the two girls reading, though. Cute!!
Post a Comment