Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas from Zimbabwe!

By Special Guest Bloggers: Christian, Haley, Paige and Elle.

Our Grandma and Grandpa Mayfield live in Africa right now. They are missionaries for our church. We are so proud of them and the good work they are doing, but we have to admit that we miss them just a little bit more than normal this week. This is their first Christmas in Africa.

A couple of days ago Grandma and Grandpa sent a letter to our Mom and Dad. They said that they couldn't send us toys for Christmas through the mail, so they sent us money to spend on a Christmas gift! Two days before Christmas, Mom told us that we had a big surprise. We loaded up the car and headed downtown. When we got to a toy store, Mom told us about Grandma and Grandpa's letter and gave us the money and told us we could choose our own presents. Oh yeah!
Haley: This next picture is of Christian going "Grinch" on me.
Christian: What are you talking about? I thought you wanted me to have your Christmas money! Because this was going to be a special gift from Grandma and Grandpa, we really wanted to make sure we picked the very best present...
...which means we had to take a LONG time to look at all the different choices.

Paige: I was a big help to Elle.

This looks pretty good...but would Grandma and Grandpa choose this for me if they were here?

Finally...after going through a bunch of different stores, we all made our choices for the very special gift. Paige chose princess make-up. Christian chose a legacy Star Wars set. Haley and Elle chose Build-a-Bears.
We love you Grandma and Grandpa! Thanks for the awesome Christmas presents!

Love, Christian, Haley, Paige and Elle.

2 comments:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

How sweet. :) My favorites are the Build-a-Bears. My youngest two love B-a-B. Paige and Elle did a good job with their bears. :)

Judy said...

Watching these pictures I almost felt like I was there. I'm so glad they had a chance to pick something a little ahead of time. I have to admit, times like this make me realize how far away we are. Merry Christmas, Grandma in Africa