Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tradition

Monday night was our annual 'gingerbread house making night' with the Preslars. I struggle every year with the desire to decorate my very own gingerbread house all in red, white and green and symmetrical, while the kids throw candy on theirs all willy-nilly. But this year, the girls actually did a pretty stellar job of decorating. Rachel and I joke that we'll continue this tradition even when we're grandmas, and then maybe we'll have our own designer gingerbread houses. Until then ...

1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

WOW are those adorable!! I love the pic where Paige looks so stinkin' excited! So cute. What a fun tradition. I'm the same way--I bet I keep doing it even when I have no little kids to make messes. :)
P.S. You are one of the few people I know who might enjoy this adorable BYU - U of U shirt my cousin made and is now selling. It's very clever! (She's a Cougar & her husband is a Ute.) Anyway, check it out--it's so cute. http://megs-hinckley.blogspot.com/