This first one is of my mom and dad (mom sitting on the piano bench, dad standing in the back holding me - sucking away on my thumb), my aunt and uncle and various cousins (all on the left side - Uncle Pat is holding Erin, for those of you who know her) and other cousins who I haven't seen in years. Kind of fun to see the family looking so young!
This is when my mom graduated from nursing school. I am sporting the lovely glasses, in case you couldn't tell. I was 9 years old, which makes Quinn 13, Erin 11 and Kelly 7.
And here we are welcoming Quinn home from his mission. Not much emotion on any of our faces, huh? :)
I know I sound like an old lady when I say this but time seriously flies! Was that last picture really 20 years ago? Have I really had 4 kids since then?Mike and I went to a funeral today of a woman in our ward who was almost 102 years old. As her family talked about her long life, I kept thinking "Will I live that long? Will I live to see as many huge changes as she did?" I almost hope not, if I don't have a healthy body but still ... I can't imagine what the rest of my life will bring, how many ups and downs, heartbreaks and triumphs, successes and failures. Looking back over these old pictures, though, I'm grateful for the ride and the life experience that comes along the way. I'm grateful I'm not still 9 or 17 like in these pictures. I'm grateful for the here and now and the possibility that lies beyond....
2 comments:
I know--I'm really glad I'm not 9 or 17 either, and as I look back at the changes in 20 years, I just can't imagine all the events of the next 20. Life is just a really amazing thing!
Great pictures, by the way. It's a small picture, but I think the thumb-sucker-you looks a little like Elle. And by the way, I had really *cute* 80s glasses, too!
Love the 80's hair!
Post a Comment