Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Snapshot at 9pm

(Totally pirating this idea from my sisters, one of whom already stole it from the other. Thanks, chicas.)

* Mike -- comfy in his jammies in bed watching some kind of sports show. In his happy place.

* Misty -- sitting at the computer, catching up on others' blogs and updating my own, craving ice cream for my sore throat, anticipating crawling into bed and somehow convincing Mike that he really wants to watch a DVR'd show or two with me.

* Christian -- just home from scouts ("It was so fun tonight!" since it was all about karate), bummed that his basketball team lost their game tonight (but still somehow insists that he played a great game -- he's semi-delusional about his basketball skills), playing games on my iPhone while laying in bed.

* Haley -- finishing up homework in bed, anxious to also finish up The Lightning Thief since she's itching to beat me to book 2 in the series, loving that she finally has her own room ("Finally some privacy!"), planning out her outfit for school on Monday so it will match her cool new glasses.

* Paige -- the only child in the house peacefully sleeping, dreaming about show & tell at school tomorrow and all of the new words she can read now.

* Elle --sitting in my lap, out of bed for the 3rd time (we need to stop letting her take long afternoon naps, apparently), wearing adorable pink monkey jammies, continually smelling my freshly cut & styled hair and saying, "Mmmmm, mommy -- you smell yummy."; keeps telling me that she can hear dinosaurs upstairs in our house.

5 comments:

Erin Blake said...

Hey! I always hear dinosaurs in your upstairs too! How weird is that?!

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

Dinosaur stalkers?! Hey, the delusionalness of basketball skills must be a pre-teen boy thing, because we have that very thing goin' on at our house. Tell Haley book #2 is really good! :) You guys have an advantage, though, in that the whole series has already come out. When Preston & I read them last year (was it last year??), we had to wait like 3 months for #5 (the final one) to come out and it was a killer. :)

Kimm said...

I'm going to have to "borrow" this idea too...this and your "happy list" Are you flattered yet??

my word verification was focker, and it made me laugh out loud!! I love that movie!! and I love YOU!! MIss your guts!

Kelly said...

I have figured out how to keep Si in his bed. It involved scaring the living daylights out of him which was really sad but now he stays in the first time.

Erin Blake said...

Where did you find this Man and Wife song? I LOVE IT and I think I've heard it before, but Michelle Featherstone? Tell me do. Are you man and wife still if you are separated 80% of the time for the next 5 months? sniff.