

Sometimes Paigie has little tantrums over seemingly minor things. This particular tantrum was because she didn't want to wear that t-shirt over the top of her cute tracksuit (we were going to walk in a 5k and had to wear the shirt).Her reasons for running away are what crack me up:
• She had just proudly finished her homework packet in record time. I looked over it with her to make sure everything looked ok, praising her work but also pointing out 2 little corrections. That was all it took ... she was out the door, saying that her homework was ruined.
• After Paige tried on a new pair of pants that were clearly too big for her, I said, "You are so petite!". She was instantly ruffled so I explained, "Oh honey, being petite is a good thing! It just means that you have a cute little body." She said, "But I'm the tallest kid in my class so I'm NOT petite!!" and then stomped out the door.
I'm a little worried about times ahead, say when she's 16, has access to a car and then decides that her parents are so unfair! for whatever little reason. Her runaway excursions might not be so cute then....
8 comments:
just wait :) In the end, we want them with strong spirits right? Just funnel it Mist. You can do it. Be the funnel. BECOME the funnel.
AHAHA!!!! That is funny... Until Sunny does it. :)
Maybe like the time you ran away for three (?) days....hmmmm? MOM/GRANDMA
Just for the record, mom, it was only overnight. And I called you to tell you where I was. I was a darling teenager. :)
Charming on a blog, but I bet that's exasperating. Of course, you're probably more patient and calm than I am and can look at the bigger picture in the middle of these moments, unlike myself. My mom called me petite once and I flipped too. Of course, I was in 6th grade then...nice.
I'm laughing out loud. Wow, top that great attitude with her lovable and cuddly nature and you will have your hands full when she is a teen. I was printing pictures for Star or the Week for Cam and wanted of Polar Express for his poster, but every picture I had was Paige and Cameron in a big embrace... I was afraid someone might tease him about it so I couldn't put any of those on.
I personally am of the opinion that if they're rough as kids they'll be smooth as teenagers, and vice versa. They'll only be tough once. At least this is what is keeping me alive at the moment. LOL (love the pictures of Paige... and by the way, I have one child whom I CANNOT correct in any way, shape, or form without the child stomping off in a huff... UG!)
Wow, I haven't been on anybody's blog in forever - got some catchin' up to do! So Amber used to pull the running away thing when she was about 5 or 6. She'd even pack a little suitcase...and I realized that she was leaving it semi-packed all the time, just in case. Nice. The farthest she ever got was down the street, but still. If it makes you feel any better, she hasn't done it in almost a decade now :)
Post a Comment